Last updated: April 13, 2020
A cookie is a very small text file that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. It assigns the computer with a unique identifier, which in turn becomes your identification card whenever you return to an Oakwood web site or digital publication.
Cookies are designed to save you time because they help us provide a customized experience tailored just for you without having to remind us of your preferences each time you return to our websites or digital publications. Oakwood cookies are not designed to damage your files, nor can they read information from other files on your computer hard drive.
Cookies also help us provide a personalized online experience in the following ways:
- they remember your user name and password for future visits so log-in is easier and faster;
- they ensure you are provided with the appropriate frames and content;
- they ensure you obtain all requested information; and
- they help us deliver communications that are relevant and responsive to your interests and location.
Oakwood cookies are limited to our websites and digital publications only, and are not designed to follow you when traveling on the internet after leaving Oakwood websites and digital publications. We track the usage of our websites and digital publications in order to better meet your needs and to help make it easier for you to find information on our websites and digital publications in the future. Please note that in addition to Oakwood cookies, various third parties may also place cookies on your computer's hard drive. Oakwood is not responsible for the presence or absence of third party cookies, or for the technological capabilities or practices employed by third parties in connection with third party cookies.
If you would prefer not to have the benefits of cookies, your internet browser or other third party software on your workstation can be adjusted to treat cookies in different ways. Depending upon the type of browser you are using, you may be able to configure your browser so that: (i) you are prompted to accept or reject cookies on an individual basis; or (ii) you may be able to prevent your browser from accepting any cookies at all. You should refer to the supplier or manufacturer of your web browser for specific details about cookie security. However, you should also understand that rejecting cookies might affect your ability to perform certain transactions on our websites and digital publications and our ability to recognize your browser from one visit to the next.
- If your country of residence is the United States, you are contracting with Oakwood Worldwide (US) LP.
- If your country of residence is in the Asia-Pacific Region or Dubai, you are contracting with Oakwood Worldwide (Asia) Limited.
- If your country of residence is in Europe, the Middle Ease (excluding Dubai), or Africa, you are contracting with Pine (UK) Holdings Limited.
Oakwood also uses pixel tags, sometimes called web beacons, to count how many people visit certain web pages. Information collected from invisible pixels is used and reported in the aggregate and does not contain personally identifiable information. In some cases, if you choose, you may configure your e-mail (or your email may already have been configured) to avoid accessing remote images – please consult your email service provider or email client/software technical support for these options or configurations. Oakwood may use this information to improve marketing programs and content.
Oakwood and our email service provider also use pixel tags to:
- Track guest response to Oakwood advertisements and web site and digital publication content;
- Determine your ability to receive HTML-based email messages. Our email service provider includes a pixel tag, which is referred to as a coded sensor in all of the HTML-based messages sent on our behalf. The sensor activates when the email message is opened and flags the email address of the user as one that is capable of receiving HTML-based email messages. This capability helps our service provider to send the email in a format you can read. The sensor does not collect or use any other information. If you cannot receive HTML, you will not receive a functioning sensor;
- Know how many users open an email and allow our service provider to compile aggregated statistics about an email campaign for us; and
- Allow us to better target interactive advertising, enhance customer support and web site and digital publication usability, and provide offers and promotions that we believe would be of interest to you.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND DIGITAL PUBLICATIONS
In order to anticipate your needs, Oakwood provides links to other websites and digital publications for your convenience and information. Oakwood is not responsible or liable for any content presented by or contained within any third party web site or digital publication, including, but not limited to, any advertising claims or marketing practices. Please note that while Oakwood will protect your information on Oakwood websites and digital publications, we cannot control and will not be responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites and digital publications, including websites and digital publications owned or controlled by independent franchisees or third party owners of properties that may use the name of an Oakwood brand, or websites and digital publications not controlled or authorized by Oakwood. Third party websites and digital publications that are accessed through links on our websites or digital publications have separate privacy and data collection practices and security measures. We have no responsibility or liability for the practices, policies and security measures implemented by third parties on their websites and digital publications. We recommend that you review the privacy statements and policies of linked websites and digital publications to understand how those websites and digital publications collect, use and store information.
CO-BRANDED PAGES AND THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
Third party service providers operate portions of the Oakwood websites and digital publications. These third party service providers may place cookies on your computer in order to store information or your account login.
Our agreement with such third party service providers requires the information to be kept confidential and disclosed only to those of their employees who require such access in the course of their assigned duties. Oakwood may change such third party service providers at any time and from time to time, and will transfer stored information to the new third party service providers subject to similar restrictions.
Oakwood takes its user privacy concerns seriously.
If you have any comments or questions regarding Oakwood's data privacy practices or this Privacy Statement, or if you wish to update your information or modify your communication preferences, or if you do not wish to receive any more marketing communications from Oakwood, please contact us via email or mail at:
For persons who reside in the United States, Europe, Middle East, or Africa
Oakwood Worldwide (US) LP
1 World Trade Center, 24th Floor
Long Beach, California 90831
For persons who reside in the Asia-Pacific Region or Dubai
1 HarbourFront Place
#03-12 HarbourFront Tower One
Telephone: +65-6336 6900
To help us better attend to your needs, please describe in as much detail as possible your inquiry or request.
Oakwood reserves the right to revise, supplement, amend or modify this Privacy Statement or any of our other policies or practices at any time and in any manner whatsoever without prior notice. Updated versions of this Privacy Statement will be posted to our websites and digital publications and date stamped so that you are always aware when such Privacy Statement was last updated.